Cloud Storage For Business: Overview And Comparison
A Selection Of Russian Cloud Services For Small And Medium Businesses – With Pros, Cons, And Prices
Now many are in a situation where they urgently need to look for a corporate cloud for storing data – preferably, just in case, based in the Russian Federation. I made a short comparison of domestic services: features, tariffs, volume.
Cloud storage for corporate documents with the possibility of co-authoring.
- Clients for all popular platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS;
- Support for version history for all files (easy to return to the previous version);
- the ability to set disk space quotas for each user or folder;
- automatic notifications about changed files, new shares, disk quota exhaustion, etc.
- Deployment both in the cloud and on the customer’s servers;
- security (access via HTTPS, two-factor authentication)
- Support for the WebDAV protocol (cloud storage is mounted as a network drive and becomes available from any file manager);
- viewing documents and media files without downloading;
- Search with filters;
- the ability to work through the aggregator of cloud services “Disk-O”;
- administration (adding, deleting users, and managing their access);
- visual collaboration (changes in documents are visible to all participants immediately in the process of editing them);
The amount of storage depends on the number of users. For example, in standard tariff plans, you cannot buy 1 TB for 20 people, and custom options are available on request only for large companies (from 301 employees);
- If the payment is delayed for more than three days, the user is switched to a free tariff. At the same time, the entire volume over 3 GB is charged at 3 rubles per gigabyte per month;
- automatic deletion of all data if the payment is not received within 14 days.
Summary: an advanced and convenient domestic service that will not cause problems if you pay on time. Suitable for most corporate customers.
As part of the virtual office Yandex 360 for business
- transparent billing without limitation on the number of employees;
- there is a free version: 10 GB per employee and access to all services;
- the ability to allocate up to 3 TB to each user;
- unlimited mailbox (restrictions apply only to the number of letters in mailings);
- low price: from 24 kopecks to 1.29 rubles. per gigabyte per month for each user;
- security (Yandex ID authorization service certified according to the AICPA SOC 2 standard; all data is encrypted during transmission outside and inside the Yandex cloud).
The free version shows ads, and fast technical support is not available;
- to start working in Yandex 360, users must have accounts in Yandex;
If Yandex previously blocked the account for any violation of the rules, you cannot connect to Yandex 360;
- It is impossible to manage the services of different organizations from one Yandex account since the details of an organization are linked to the account of its owner.
Summary: one of the cheapest options for storing corporate data in the cloud. Completely free for those willing to keep within 10 GB and watch ads.