Xiaomi 13 Ultra was officially presented in China: confirming the rumors leaked on the web in the past months, but no date for the global launch.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra is one of the most anticipated smartphones of the last period, and shortly after the official presentation event, all the rumors leaked on the net were confirmed. The company has created a true top-of-the-range, focusing as it is well known in the photographic sector and bringing what many call ” the king of cameraphones “to the market.
Of course, with the official presentation, the many doubts in this regard were resolved, confirming the presence of a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor and four 50 MP cameras with calibration and Leica lenses, sponsored several times by the company. Currently, only information about the Chinese market is available, while details for foreign markets have yet to be available. But Xiaomi has repeatedly confirmed this smartphone’s release in Europe as well.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra: Technical Characteristics
The new Xiaomi 13 Ultra display will be a 6.7-inch AMOLED LTPO with a resolution of 3,200×1,440 pixels and a variable refresh rate of up to 120 Hz. The processor is Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, with 16 GB of RAM and up to 1TB of storage.
Be sure to check out Xiaomi’s File Based Optimization technology already seen on the 12 series, which reduces file fragmentation within the memory and the time required for reading archived data. Two versions are also available with 12GB/512GB and 16GB/512GB.
To make the processor work better, Xiaomi has inserted a liquid heat sink to better manage temperature control by avoiding sudden increases during the most intense sessions.
As anticipated, this smartphone’s photographic sector is true of the highest level with four 50 MP sensors and Summicron lenses made by Leica. Four sensors with the same resolution, but not all the same:
- 50MP main sensor, 1-inch Sony IMX989 (currently unique for smartphones) with HyperOIS stabilization and variable aperture from an aperture of f/1.9 to f/4.0
- 50MP Sony IMX858 ultra-wide-angle (equivalent to a 12mm) sensor with f/1.8 aperture, autofocus and the ability to also shoot macro photos
- 50MP Sony IMX858 sensor , 75mm with f/1.8 aperture, with image stabilization (OIS)
- 50MP Sony IMX858 sensor with 120mm equivalent periscopic lens, with f/3 aperture, image stabilization (OIS) and up to 5x optical zoom
We are therefore dealing with four excellent sensors combined with Leica optics, with three out of four lenses with stabilized optics (the OIS on the wide angle could be of better use). The case with grip has also been confirmed, anticipated by the company on its social channels, to make the most of the potential of this cameraphone.
For connectivity, the device guarantees compatibility with the 5G network, WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, Infrared and USB 3.2 Gen 1.
The battery is 5,000 mAh, with 90-watt cable charging, 50-watt wireless charging and 10 W reverse wireless charging, useful for charging another device using the Xiaomi 13 Ultra battery.
Xiaomi 13 Ultra: How Much Does It Cost
Xiaomi 13 Ultra will arrive on the market in the colors: black, olive green and white. Currently, the device is only available in China, and there is no global launch date, which the company still confirms.
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra – 12 / 256 GB: 5,999 yuan ( about 795 euros )
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra – 16 / 512 GB: 6,499 yuan ( about 861 euros )
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra – 16 GB / 1 TB: 7,299 yuan ( about 967 euros )